Sunday, March 23, 2008

More like... Sprung Break.


Yo dudes, what up.

I just got back on friday from my spring break trip to New Orleans to do some work.
It was a pretty fun trip, met some weird girls from sarah lawrence, some normal people from columbia, and some trashy people from the French Quarter.

It was pretty nuts... the group we were supposed to be working for no longer exists in Louisiana, as we found out the day we flew in, after driving six hours trying to find a building that is now boarded up and abandoned.  We did, however, find another place to stay, make food, shower, etc.

My buddy Jason and I primarily worked with some really nice people from Tennessee, which was rad.  We had a dance party with some old ladies.  I ate a lot of fried chicken and jambalaya, upped my stats in strength and dexterity so I could use the nail gun while roofing, and did some sightseeing around the levees and the 9th ward, talking to some of the people still living there.

And yes, people are generally nicer down south, and yes, there was a large amount of people missing their teeth.

Want to hear about your spring breaks: did you all wind up meeting up at some point? 20 story beer bongs?

p.s. i think i am going to be rick astley for halloween next year.



No comments: